DENG Xiaohua , Ph.D
Vice-chairman of Chinese Society for Anthropology
Secretary-general of Chinese Society for Anthropology
1980, B.A., Longyan Teachers’ College;
1987, M.A., Huazhong University of Science and Technology;
2006, Ph.D., Huazhong University of Science and Technology.
1980-1985, Teaching staff of Longyan Teachers’ College
1985-1993, Lecturer of Anthropology Institute, Xiamen University
1993-2003, Associate professor of Anthropology Institute, Xiamen University
2000.8-2001.9, Visiting Professor of Japan National Museum of Ethnology
2001.10-2003.9, Visiting Scholar of Department of Electronic Engineering, the Chinese University of Hong Kong
Director of Anthropology Institute, Xiamen University (1994-2004)
Deputy Curator of Anthropology Museum, Xiamen University (2000-2006)
2003 - present, Professor, Doctoral Supervisor.
The Academic Leader of linguistics, Anthropology and ethnology,
Supervisor of the post-doctoral research station of Chinese specialty ((Xiamen University).
2007.1-2007.3, Visiting Scholar of Department of Electronic Engineering, the Chinese University of Hong Kong
2009.1- 2009.4, Visiting Professor of Department of Asian Languages and Cultures, University of California, Los Angeles
Comparative linguistics; Chinese dialectology;
Comparative studies on the Sinitic languages and Tibetan languages;
Anthropology; The relationship and theories of ethnic groups; Cultural Heritage; Museology
Forefront Issues of ethnology
Field investigation in linguistics
Comparative studies on the Sinitic languages and the Tibetan languages
1. DENG Xiao-hua, YANG Xiao-xia &GAO Tian-ju. Introduction of Language Phylogenetic Network and a PhylogeneticNetwork Analysis on Tibeto-Burman Languages. Studies in Language and Linguistic. 2015(3).
2. DENG Xiao-hua, &GAO Tian-ju.，A New Perspective of Language Research: Evolutionary Linguistics. Journal of Xiamen University(Arts & Social Sciences). 2014(2).
3.DENG Xiao-hua & Deng Xiaolin. COGNITIVE MODELS OBTAINED BY STUDYING BODY-PART NAMES OF HAKKA AND SHE. Journal of Chinese Linguistics. 2012 (2).
4.DENG Xiao-hua & Deng Xiaolin. Discussion of the Genetic RelationshipbetweenKra-Dai and Austronesian，Studies in Language and Linguistic. 2011(10)
5. Deng Xiaohua. The imitating prediction of disappearing time, speeds and directions on the endangering languages in South China，Cultural Identity and Language Anxiety . Chinese Civilization Center, City University of Hong Kong. 2009.
6.DENG Xiao-hua, William S-Y Wang. A study on lexicostatistic classification and the measurement of the time-depth of Zhuang-Dong languages. (Excellent achievement Award of Social Science Foundation of the Fujian Province, the 2nd Prize, 2009; Award for Excellent Science Achievement of Ministry of Education, 2009 ).
7. DENG Xiao-hua.OntheOriginofKejiaDialect:AlsoontheRelationbetweentheKejiaPeopleandtheSheNationality，Journal of Yunnan Nationalities University(Social Sciences), 2006(4)
8. DENG Xiao-hua The Origins of the Original Characters of Some Core Words in Minand Hakka Dialects.Studies in Language and Linguistics. 2006 (1)
9.DENGXiao-hua. On Hakka. Language and Linguistics. 2005（3）.
10.DENG Xiao-hua.The Relationship and Classification of Languages in China. The Selections from the Achievements of National Social Science Fund Project，National Social Science Planning Office(ed.)，2005.
11. Deng Xiaohua. Lineage Society and Folk Religion ,Asian Studies Reports Series,No.5，2005.
12.DENG Xiao-hua.On the Relationship among Hakka, She, Miao-yao languages and the Zhuang-dong Languages. Anthropology Review: the 2nd Volume，Huangshan book center publishing house，2004 (2).
13.DENG Xiao-hua. An comparative study on the relationships between the ethnic groups in FujianZhou Daming(ed.)TheEthnic Groups and theEthnic Relations in China. Guangxi Nationalities Publishing House. 2003.
14.Deng Xiaohua.A Quantitative Study on the Genetic Relationship of Miao-Yao Languages—the Lexicostatics Approach. Zhongguo Yuwen. 2003(3). (Award for Excellent Social Science Achievement of the Fujian Province, the 2nd Prize, 2005)
15. Deng Xiaohua.A Numerical Analysis and Classification of Tibeto-Burman Languages in China.Minority Languages of China. 2003 (4). (Award for Excellent Social Science Achievement of the Fujian Province, 2005; Award for Excellent Social Science Achievement ofState Ethnic Affairs Commission,2006)
16.Deng Xiaohua. A Comparative Study on the Linguistic and Cultural Relations among Min, Hakka and She in Fujian. Annual Report of the National Museum of Ethnology.1999.24（1）. (Award for Excellent Social Science Achievement of Xiamen Municipality, 2003)
17.DENG Xiao-hua. On the relationship among Hakka, Miao-Yao Languages and Zhuang-dong Languages. Minority Languages of China，pp.42-50, 1999(6).
1.Deng Xiao-hua, & Luo Meizhen. Ethnolinguistics. Xiamen University Press. (Excellent Social Science Achievement Award of the Fujian Province, 1998)
2. Deng Xiao-hua, & Luo Meizhen. Hakka dialect. Fujian Education Press.1995. (Award for Excellent Educational Book of Eastern China, the 2nd prize, 1997)
3.Deng Xiao-hua, William S-Y Wang.Classification of Languages and Dialects of China. Zhonghua Book Company. 2009. Excellent achievement Award of Social Science Foundation of the Fujian Province, (China). 2011.