Xu Zhaoxu, Ph.D.
1982, B.Ed., Fujian Normal University;
1988, M.Ph., Fujian Normal University;
2007, Ph.D., Xiamen University.
1988/08-present, Professor, Xiamen University;
1996-2005, Deputy Director, Deputy Director and Party Branch Secretary, Department of Marxism, Xiamen University;
2003-present, Professor, School of Philosophy, Xiamen University.
Mainly engaged in the research of Chinese traditional ethics and environmental ethics, presided over 14 kinds of topics research, including overseeing a key project of the National Social Science Fund, the Confucian School, Confucianism and Confucian Patriarchal Collectivism, and a standard project of the National Social Science Fund, Confucian Culture and Folk Beliefs.
Undergraduate Courses: Ethics, Environmental Ethics;
Graduate Courses: Technology Ethics, Applied Ethics (for masters);
The Research of Chinese Traditional Ethics, The Thought of Science and Technology Ethics in Ancient China (for doctoral students).
1.Zhaoxu Xu*,Hongwei Huang. The Uniqueness and Implications of the Confucian Theory of Ecological Benevolence: A Perspective Derived from Rethinking the Paradigm of Dualism in Environmental Ethics. Journal of Xiamen University （Art & Social Sciences）. 2015, (4): 38-46.
2.Zhaoxu Xu.Three Dimensions of Confucian Concept of “The Entity of Benevolence”:From the Perspective of Eco-ethics. Journal of Xiamen University （Art & Social Sciences）. 2010, (01): 86-93./ Xinhua News Digest.Extracts of arguments/ Duplicated Materials by People’s University. Full Text Reprint.
4.Zhaoxu Xu. Moral Education Function of Pre Qin Ritual.Educational Research. 2007, (4):79-84./ Chinese Moral Education.Reprint.
5. Zhaoxu Xu*,Shangcheng Sun. A Complementary Study to the Game Theory of Confucianism and Ethics. 2010,(02): 55-60
6. Zhaoxu Xu*,Shangcheng Sun. The Confucian “Harmony” Ethics as a Supplement to Game Theory: A Perspective of the Modern Competitive Society.Journal of Xiamen University （Art & Social Sciences）.2012, (5): 19-26.
7.Zhaoxu Xu. Religiousness in the Rational Dimensions of Confucius’ Ethics: A Critique of the Popular Belief of There Being a Rational vs Religious Contradiction in Confucius’ Ideology. Journal of Xiamen University （Art & Social Sciences）.2006, (05): 49-55./ Academic Social Science Abstracts. Reprint.
8.Zhaoxu Xu. From Construction to Construction in Dialogues: Rethinking the Essence of Cognition. Journal of Xiamen University （Art & Social Sciences）.2003,(04): 85-91
9. Zhaoxu Xu*, LitingLin, Ying Xie. The Basics of the Values of Ecological Civilization Construction.Morality and Civilization. 2014, (05): 94-99
10. Zhaoxu Xu.The Reflection of the Core Values of Confucianism on Environmental Ethics.Morality and Civilization.2009, (06): 44-49.
11. Zhaoxu Xu.The Influence of Confucianism on the Folk Religious Believes of the Chinese General Public.Religious Studies. 2007, (02): 145-149.
12. Zhaoxu Xu. Social Justice and Ecological Harmony. Search. 2006, (08): 63-65.
13. Zhaoxu Xu. The Enlightenment of Building a Harmonious Society based on the Book of Changes (Zhouyi)and Harmonious Thought. Search. 2005, (07): 51-54.
14.Zhaoxu Xu.On the Characteristics of Some Utopian Socialism in the Forest Economy of the Zen.Chinese Social and Economic History. 2000, (03): 74-77.
15.Zhaoxu Xu. On the Similarities and Differences Between the Zen Meditation and the Western Meditation. Journal of Xiamen University （Art & Social Sciences）. 1996, (03): 56-60./ Duplicated Materials by People’s University. Full Text Reprint.
16.Zhaoxu Xu. Rectifying Common Mistakes in the Discussion of Informatics. Journal of Xiamen University （Art & Social Sciences）. 1995, (02): 60-63./ Duplicated Materials by People’s University. Academic Social Science Abstracts. Reprint.
17.Zhaoxu Xu. On the Rationalism of Hagel Logic. Journal of Xiamen University （Art & Social Sciences）. 1990, (04): 90-95./ Duplicated Materials by People’s University. Full Text Reprint.
18.Zhaoxu Xu. Confucian Idea of Rule by Virtue: Its Methodological Perspective and Practical Significance. Journal of Xiamen University （Art & Social Sciences）. 2001, (04): 121-128.
19.Zhaoxu Xu. The Happiness of Collectivism of Confucius and Mencius and Its Inspiration to Building a Happy Society. Journal of Jimei University （Art & Social Sciences）. 2013, (01): 43-47.
The Theory of Rule of Virtue. Xiamen University Press. 2003. / 22 million words.
The Idea behind Ancient Chinese Scientific and Technological Ethics. Science Press. 2010. / 27 million words.
Confucian Culture and Folk Beliefs. People Press. 2013. / 36 million words.