Hu Jinshan, Ph.D.
1984, B. A., Northeast Normal University
1995, Ph.D., Northeast Normal University
American history. Main direction of my studying is the history of ethnic America.My focuses on discussing are the experience of African American urbanization, the discrimination and segregation that African Americans had to face in American society, and the Civil Right Movements and the Affirmative Action. Furthermore, I have done some research on Native American history and condition.
American History and Culture
History of the United States
Ethnic American History
Modern World History
Materials and methods of World History
1.Urban History on African Americans in the Twentieth Century, Xiamen University Press, 2015.
2.The Image of China in Africa，Peking: People’s Publishing House，2010.
3. Tocqueville's Discussion on Race Relations in the United States,Journal of Xiamen University，no.3，2016.
4. Indian Gaming Regulatory Act and Its Impact on the Status of Indian Tribes, World History, no., 2013.
5. Affirmative Action and Racial Preferences of Higher Education in the United States,Journal of Xiamen University，no.5，2012.
6.The African-American Return Migration and Its Efforts, 1970-2000,World Ethno-National Studies，no.3，2011.
7.Changes and Optimization of the Image of China in Africa, International Communication, no. 8, 2011.
8.Assimilation and self-determination: American Federal Policy on Indians in the Twentieth Century,Chinese Social Sciences Today, April 21, 2011.
9.“Robert E. Park and the Assimilation Theories of American Urban Immigrants,”Seeking Truth，no.1， 2008.
10. “The Ghettoization of American Central Cities and Afro-American Social Problems,”Journal of Xiamen University, no.2, 2007.
11.“White Racism and ‘Reverse Discrimination’ in America,”World Ethno-National Studies, no. 3, 2008.
12.“The Transformation of Racial Attitudes among American Whites in the Late 20th Century,”Journal of Xiamen University ,no.2, 2004.
13. “The Transformation of Racial Attitudes among American Whites in the Late 20th Century,” Journal of Xiamen University, no.2, 2004.
14.“The Evolution of the United States Indian Policies and the Development of American Indian Activities in the 20th Century,” World Ethno-National Studies, no.2, 2004.