Mei JIN, Ph.D.
Ph.D Hanyang University, South Korea
M.A Renmin University of China, P.R. China
B.L. Southwestern University, P.R. China
Academic and professional positions held
Visiting Scholar,University of Wisconsin United States;
Visiting Professor, Hanyang University, South Korea;
Visiting Professor, Inha University, South Korea;
Associate Professor, Xiamen University, P.R. China;
Associate Professor, Heilongjiang University, P.R. China;
Associate Professor, Guizhou Minzu University, P.R. China.
Research Areas and expertise
Sociolinguistics: The comparisons of the Chinese dialects and minority languages.
Major research projects in recent years:
1) Principal Investigator of the 2016 National Social Science Foundation Project:
Unearthing, Collecting and Reorganizing the Language, Culture Information, and the History of Dissemination about Fujian/Minnan and Taiwan in modern Spanish missionary literature.
2) Principal Investigator of the 2015 Fujian Province Social Science Planning Key Project:
Zhuxi's Stone Inscription in Fujian and its Annotation: Build up a research database.
3) Principal Investigator of the 2014 National Language Resources Monitoring and Research Center research project:
Studies the Japan-Korea Research Database of Modern Chinese Language Textbooks.
2) Comparative study on Languages and Dialects;
3) Comparison of Chinese and Korean Language Korean-Chinese and Korea's Chinese Language Teaching;
4) The Comparison of the Korean and Chinese in Translation and Annotation;
5) Modern Chinese Mandarin;
6) Ancient Chinese;
7) Rhetoric Research;
8) Summary of Applied linguistics;
9) Verbal Mandarin;
10) Chinese Vocabulary and Traditional Culture;
11) Chinese Idioms and Overseas Chinese-Character Idioms: A Construction Grammar Approach.
1) Mei Jin. Simplified and Traditional Chinese apply for Non-Material Cultural Heritage. The Study of the Countermeasures towards Chinese Language and Characters Used in Taiwan. Xiamen University Press (December 2015): 136 -159.
2) Mei Jin. The Relationship between Korean and Minnan dialect: About the Syntactic Structure and the Semantic of Morpheme. Dialects and Cultures in Southeast China and South Korea. South Korea Culture press(February 2013): 13-48.
3) Mei Jin. Crunch Sentences of Korean idioms constructure: The History Evidence of Marine Cultural Exchange between China and South Korea. marine civilization and Written Chinese Language and Characters. Xiamen University Press (October 2013): 198-218.
4) Mei Jin. The Variation of the Morpheme Semantics in Chao-Han Generalized Heterotopic Synonymous Idioms. Guizhou Ethnic Studies. vol. 33. General. No.147(5): 210-213, October 2012.
5) Mei Jin. Three Models of Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language.Overseas Chinese Education. General.No.32(3):1-4, September 2004.
6) Mei Jin. Language Identity and Status of Taiwan’s Newly Established 'National Language'. Journal of Xiamen university. General. No.160(6): 73-78, December 2003.
7) Mei Jin. Semantic Features of Place Names in Manchu.Minority Language of China.General.No.137(5):66-68, October 2002.
8) Mei Jin. Tentatively on the Rhetoric of Place Names in the National Languages in the Eastern and Western Parts of China Taking Manchu and Miao Language as Examples. Journal of Manchu Studie.General.No.33(2): 77-82, June 2001.
9) Co-author. Shaohua Zhou, Mei Jin, etc. Applied Modern Chinese. Jilin People Press.2001.