Huang Xiangchun, Ph.D.
1991, B.His., Xiamen University;
1996, M.Law., Xiamen University;
2005, Ph.D., Xiamen University.
1991-1993, Researcher at Ganzhou Museum, Jiangxi Province;
1996-present, Lecturer and Associate Professor at Xiamen University;
2006-2012, Deputy Director of Museum of Anthropology, Xiamen University.
2012.3-9, Visiting Scholar at The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Historical Anthropology, Social Anthropology, Anthropologyof Religion, Ethnohistory and Ethnicity, Traditional Chinese Societies and Cultures,Historical Ethnography of Rural Communities, Oral Traditions and Local Documents.
Traditional Chinese Societies and Cultures,
Studies on Chinese Rural Communities.
1. Folklore and the Anthropological Turn of History, Folklore Studies, 2002(1).
2. Group Discourse and Ritual Tradition in Local Society: An Analysis of the Cult of the Minister of Water in the lower reaches of the Minjiang River, Journal of History and Anthropology 3, no.1 (2005)
3. Local History, Local Literati and Local Knowledge: a Case from Min Du Bie Ji, Journal of Guangxi University for Nationalities, 2006(4).
4. “Tang-Bu” and “Zhu-Niang”: Ethnic Relationship in the Social Life of Fuzhou, Folklore Studies, 2006(3).
5. Culture, History and State: An Interview with Professor Zheng Zhenman, Reviews on Chinese Social History, (2007).
6. Century Review on the Studies of Dan people and Chinese Ethnohistory, Guangxi Ethnic Studies, 2008(4).
7. Fluid Boundary of She/Han Ethnicity and Reconstruction of Historical Memory: A Case Study of the Narrative of Manliao(The Barbarians)- She, Academic Monthly, Vol.41 No.6(2009).
8. The “Floating Other”and The “Sense of History” in Sinological Anthropology,Academic Monthly, Vol.45 No.1(2013).
10. Demons and Devils: Revolutionary Discourse and Local Tradition of Fuzhou City in 1950s. Open Times, 2015(2).
11. Science Community or Paradigm: The Study of South China in My View, Open Times, 2016(4).
12. Going Beyond Pariah Status: the Boat Population of Fuzhou in the Chinese People’s Republic, in The Fisher Folk of Late Imperial and Modern China, Xi He and David Faure edt., p181-204, Routledge Press, 2015.